CRAICEANN 2022 – No decision yet
Hello from the Organising Team to all our Bodhrán friends around the world. We hope that you and your loved ones are all safe and well.
The purpose of this message is to share with you our thoughts on the question of whether Craiceann can be safely held next year.
Even though the global response to the Covid pandemic has been very encouraging, it is impossible for us to say with confidence that Craiceann will be held in 2022. We will continue to closely monitor local and international virus progression and public health recommendations, hoping that we may reach a point that could allow us to safely launch Craiceann 2022. We are not yet at that stage, but we can say that if our event does happen next year, the dates will be from Monday 27th June thro’ Friday 1st July.
This uncertainty is deeply regretted, and we realise that especially for people who might wish to attend from outside Europe, longer journeys and higher travel costs require significant advance planning and booking.
Craiceann is a unique global bodhrán experience, and we as organisers take very seriously our responsibility to the spirit and tradition of the event, but also to the various stakeholders who contribute so much to its success. As well as you the participants, we must consider the Inis Oirr islanders who are our hosts, the tutors who fulfil such a vital role, and the band members and technicans for the concerts.
It is because of all these responsibilities and concerns, that we cannot at this time feel confident to declare that Craiceann 2022 can safely take place.
We are now carrying out an in-depth examination of what aspects of the Covid pandemic would need to change to allow us to move forward, and what procedures we would then need to put in place for a best practice health and safety Craiceann.
Once again, we recognise that we all are still living in uncertain times and this is difficult for everybody, and this level of uncertainty is why we cannot say whether Craiceann 2022 will take place or not.
We thank you all for your patience and understanding, and we will issue subsequent updates as and when the situation changes.